Random thoughts after the Steelers' 23-20 loss to the Bengals on Sunday:
- The Steelers need to line up linebacker James Harrison back on the outside. I don't understand why they're moving Harrison away from his strength.
- I don't know about you, but I got tired of hearing the announcers talk about how close the Bengals are from being undefeated, referencing the fluke play against the Broncos. If they want to play that game, give me a fourth-down stop against the Bears or Bengals and the Steelers would be 2-1.
- Of course, the Steelers easily could be 0-3 heading into the Chargers game Sunday.
- If they beat the Chargers, and it won't be easy, the Steelers will get games against the Lions and Browns.
- In case you were wondering, the Vikings, Broncos and Bengals follow.
- Willie Parker looked good in the first half, but didn't find as much room in the second half.
- The last time Parker faced the Bengals, he rushed for only 37 yards.
- I know he's still young and has talent, but I'd cut Limas Sweed if I were Mike Tomlin. Sweed should know better than to drop another touchdown pass. His drop in the AFC Championship Game was bad, but the Steelers still won. Sunday's drop was too costly.
- For the second week in a row, the defense faced a quarterback coming off of a poor game and didn't get an interception.