Skip to main content

Ravens should meet 49ers in the Super Bowl

This entire postseason, we've heard all about the offenses in the NFL.

Then they played the games.

The defenses have stood out the past couple weeks, and I'd expect that to be the case for today's conference championship games.

The consensus is a Patriots-Giants Super Bowl, and there's nothing wrong with thinking that.

I'm not sold on it happening, however.


AFC Championship Game: Ravens at Patriots

It's all about Tom Brady in New England.

He's gotten all of the hype, and after a six-touchdown pass game, he deserves it. However, it's the defense that people will talk about after the game.

The Ravens know how to beat the Pats. They have the running game to keep the ball away from Brady and the Patriots' offense.

The big question is whether the Ravens will get the play needed from their quarterback to win.

Many people have their doubts, including members of the Ravens.

Somehow, with Ray Rice running the ball, and the Ravens smacking the Patriots around a couple times, I think Baltimore sneaks out of Foxborough with a win.

Here's my I-can't-believe-Joe-Flacco-is-going-to-Indy prediction: Ravens 33, Patriots 27


NFC Championship Game: Giants at 49ers

I can believe that the 49ers won last week. I still can't believe the throw by Alex Smith and catch by Vernon Davis.

It's was quite a grab to win a playoff game. It was enough to invoke memories of Joe Montana and Steve Young.

I'm not quite there yet, but I do believe the Niners have something good going on.

They'll face a surging defense with the Giants. And let's not forget about Eli Manning and his receivers.

I think the Niners can shut them down. Maybe there's another miracle in Candlestick Park.

Maybe Smith can make a play, Frank Gore can find his running game and Davis one more big catch.

More importantly, here's to the better defense: 49ers 19, Giants 17


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Didn't Antonio Brown just get paid?

Didn't Antonio Brown just get paid? That was the first question that popped into my mind when I heard he wanted a new deal from the Steelers. I remember the details: Mike Wallace wanted more money than the Steelers wanted to offer, so the Steelers turned around and signed Brown to a $43 million deal over six years. That was 2012. Today, we learned that Brown will skip offseason workouts in the hope of getting a new deal. Honor your contract. It's that simple. Brown signed a deal that caused some people to scratch their heads at the time. It looked like a great deal for Brown. And after two seasons, it looked like the Steelers made a terrific call with the long-term deal. Brown had almost 1,700 yards receiving last year to go with 13 TD catches. That's a heck of a season. However, in exchange for long-term security, Brown looks like a bargain today. That's how it works. Or, at least that's how it's supposed to work. Now Brown wanted paid e...

Wild-card round in NFL playoffs should be wild

The NFL playoffs finally are here, and, if you're like me, you can't get enough of the stuff. It looks like we should be headed for some high-scoring games, defensive struggles and some close calls this weekend. Here's how I see the weekend unfolding: Bengals at Texans: The Bengals are lucky to be in the postseason, while the Texans are lucky to have a quarterback after going through about 16 during the regular season. Arian Foster should get plenty of carries for the Texans, along with Ben Tate. The big question is whether quarterback T.J. Yates will be able to find Andre Johnson. If he can, it would go a long way for the Texans to win. However, something tells me rookie QB Andy Dalton finds some way to win against a tough Texans defense. Maybe he hooks up with A.J. Green on a big play. Maybe the Bengals defense pressures Yates into a big mistake. Bengals 20, Texans 17. Lions at Saints: This game should be fun to watch. The Saints, powered by record-set...